Title: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Finance & Administration
Reports To: Controller
Date: December 9, 2022
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position will be primarily responsible for overseeing and approving daily accounting activities (AR/AP), performing backup to all AR and AP functions as needed, treasury functions, sales tax reporting, supporting Controller and CFO with ad-hoc and monthly reconciliations, journal entries, tax filings, regulatory filings, audit, and financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Daily support to AP staff to assure consistency to AP process/timelines, accuracy, thorough investigation and resolution of discrepancies and completeness of records/communication in case of audit
• Verify accuracy and approve AP purchase journals, weekly payments in bank, and payment journals for accuracy prior to Controller sign off
• Oversee AP aging to ensure correct payments are made timely
• Responsible for W-9 collection and 1099 preparation/submission
• Daily support to AR staff to assure consistency to AR process/timelines, accuracy, thorough investigation and resolution of discrepancies, and completeness of records/communication in case of audit
• Verify accuracy and approve daily deposit batches/customer payments
• Oversee AR aging to ensure timely collection practices are being implemented, address any credit risk exposures, and test collectability of receivables
• Responsible for sales tax compliance, reporting, and maintenance of tax related records to comply with regulatory and audit requirements
• Work with Controller on cash management, ad-hoc and monthly reconciliations, journal entries, month end schedules and financial reporting
• Assist on audit, corporate taxes and other regulatory reporting as needed
• Other related duties as needed or assigned.
• Manage AR and AP staff
• Coordinate training for new AR/AP staff and identify training needs for current AR/AP staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required
• 5+ years of related experience with 3+ years in public or private accounting role
• Has a deep understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles
• General understanding of corporate and partnership US and Canadian tax regulations is preferred but not required
• Must have excellent communication skills, be team oriented, detailed and thorough problem solver and highly efficient organization/time management skills
• Intermediate to advanced with Microsoft Excel is required
• familiarity with large ERP systems, MS Dynamics Business Central is a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, tariffs, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers and employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to identify problems, root cause, and resolution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of module based accounting software, cloud based CRM software and other web-based software programs, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Regular Vision abilities, including computer work, are required.
Open office environment with typical noise level, fast paced.