Job Title: Software DeveloperApply Here
Reports To: Director of Technology
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Date: October 28, 2022
This position will be primarily responsible for aiding in the innovation and creation of company software and programs. The Software Developer role works in a small tech team to code, design, test and implement new programs or improvements to existing programs that meet the needs of our customers and growing company.
Essential Duties (not limited to):
• Collaborates with internal team to understand business and software needs; participates in drafting initial proposal and design of software to meet these needs.
• Assists team to assess feasibility of design and project parameters within time and cost constraints.
• Works as part of team on both new software solutions as well as maintaining existing systems.
• Monitors and assists with software testing, validation, implementation, and training.
• Gathers and evaluates user feedback and then modifies software for better usability.
• Collaborates with management and tech team to identify future technologies that enable company to scale efficiently
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Skills/Abilities (not limited to):
• Strong software fundamentals
• Experience with web full stacks (front end, backend, networking)
• Familiar with several coding languages, major OS, web development, async processing and networking
• Ability and interest to learn new coding languages and technologies
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
• Able to facilitate, coordinate and communicate effectively to ensure high quality and timely execution of projects and customer requests to technical and non-technical audiences
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required
• 2-3 year’s experience working as a software developer or engineer (small company experience outside of tech sector preferred)