Job Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk Apply Here
Reports To: CFO
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Date: February 1, 2022
Job Summary: This position assists in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
Essential Duties (not limited to):
• Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
• Processes and maintains credit coverage according to company policy.
• Answers accounting queue calls, monitors and manages AR inbox and voicemails.
• Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes and/or collection contact notes.
• Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
• Processes and tracks uncollectable accounts to credit insurance for payment.
• Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts.
• Reconciles accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
• May assist in creating invoices to customers.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and/or Qualifications (not limited to):
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
• Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
• Ability to work as a team.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
• At least two years of related experience required.